Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets are added to drinking water to kill the most harmful micro-organisms. The tablet dissolves clear within minutes and disinfects the water within 30 minutes.
The tablets are presented in strips of 10 tablets (5 strips in pack = 50 tablets in total) with a shelf life of 5 years or tub packed with a shelf life of 3 years.
In non-murky water, these water purification tablets will lead to:
- 99.9999% reduction in bacteria
- 99.99% reduction in viruses
- 99.9% reduction in Cysts (Giardia)
Directions for use and dosage:
- 1 to 2 tablets to be dissolved in 1 litre of water.
- These tablets should be used in clear water. If the water to be treated is murky / turbid, then it should be firstly filtered through cloth until clear.
- If the water to be treated is being consumed from a known source (such as with a household water supply), then the low risk dosing can be used. In all other situations, then the high risk dosing should be used.
- Ensure that the tablet is dispersed (by briefly shaking the vessel or mixing). Wait 30 minutes for the disinfection to work and then the water is safe to drink. Do not swallow the tablet.